They have so little flour that it's easy to make a gluten free version by using any neutral GF flour.
Corn and Cheese Muffins
- 800 grams (about 1.5 lbs) frozen sweet corn kernels or canned corn (not cream corn).
- 250 grams/8 oz cottage cheese (in most places this is a standard small container, but you may want to check your measurements).
- 200 ml/about 8 oz sour cream (again, a standard small container will usually be fine).
- 200 grams/7 oz grated cheese (you can use any mild semi-hard cheese such as a mild cheddar or mozzarella).
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup regular flour (you can use any gluten free flour of your choice).
- 1 tbsp canola oil
1. Prepare a muffin tin (preferably a large one with 20 spaces, but you can also make this in batches) by spraying it with oil or otherwise greasing it. Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
2. Place the corn (frozen or canned) in a sieve and rinse to defrost/wash. Drain and put in a large bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well to create a batter.
4. Spoon the batter generously into the muffin tin (the batter will not rise very much, so you want to fill the 'cups' of the tin to capacity).
5. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until golden-brown and firm. Allow to cool a bit before removing from tin.
The muffins can be stored in the fridge or frozen.